Timothy Lloyd Bishop, (born Monday, April 5th 1976) is a resident of Marion, Ohio (about an hour north of Columbus) and is from Ishpeming, Michigan. He has also lived in Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. He lived in Neenah, Wisconsin from when he initially started Youtube until April 2015. As per his religious views, he mentions in his Super Mario Galaxy 2 let’s play that he doesn’t use the Lords name in vain very often and he is referring to ”Jesus Christ.”
Age 0 Unknown
Age 1-4 Michigan
Age 4-12 Florida
Age 12-22 Georgia
Age 22-28 Wisconsin
Age 28-28.3 Virginia
Age 28.3-28.6 Arkansas
Age 28.6-39 Wisconsin again
Age 39-present Ohio
He is a son of two, and graduated from Commerce High School in 1994 and has no college education. His favorite football team is the Detroit Lions. As a child, Tim's school friends used to nickname him "Rain Man" due to his shy and quiet nature. He was also nicknamed "Einstein" by his ability to easily solve square roots in his head. NintendoCapriSun previously had various jobs before that included working at Walmart and Pick 'n Save but currently is self employed at YouTube with TheGameStation. He worked at an art shop with his sister and some others, but eventually the shop had to close down.
He has 28 years of experience recording his personal video logs. His other hobbies include reading, photography, talking about LOST, karaoke, and drinking Coca Cola. NintendoCapriSun enjoys a wide variety of musical artists including Rush, Green Day, Dave Mathews Band, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. NintendoCapriSun is also quite an accomplished composer. He has several original compositions that are available to listen to on YouTube through Mario Paint Composer as well as a number of covers also done through Mario Paint Composer.
Tim came up with the name NintendoCapriSun when he made a list of nicknames on a piece of notebook paper for himself back in eighth grade. On the list was 2 columns of several names, mostly named with Nintendo, but since then he has lost the list, and the only 2 names he can remember are "Fire-breathing Nintendo 1-up " and of course, "NintendoCapriSun". Others included whatever he saw such as NintendoCar, NintendoFlower, NintendoCupofWater. Tim always thought NintendoCapriSun was the worst name on the list because of how obvious it was that he was looking around the room for a name, but eventually he decided to use it for his YouTube channel.
He first made the step to Let'
s Playing as JealousGuy when he was experimenting with emulators in mid-2007. Then he saw several people do Let's Plays, such as ProtonJon and UltraJayMan, so he had the idea. He had to come up with a name, NintendoCaprisun. On December 27, 2007 he started with Super Mario Bros. 3, and the rest was history.
In December 2010, NintendoCapriSun became a YouTube p
artner and as his fame continues to grow, the legend of NintendoCapriSun ceases to be inhibited by his unbridled popularity among YouTubers. Having recently surpassed 400,000 subscribers, he continues to pay homage to all those who subscribe despite their unfathomable numbers. Through years of perseverance and, altogether, producing high quality Let's Plays on YouTube, he has gained a very loyal following on Youtube and Twitch. Though not exactly the most popular Let's Player on the site, he is highly regarded amongst the community, and his fans are among the most dedicated, often sending him letters and gifts and telling him how much he has improved their lives.
Having produced Let's Plays primarily for Nintendo games (hence his name), NintendoCapriSun's resume includes many games from
The Legend of Zelda series, the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, even games from the Super Mario franchise and other acolytes of Nintendo. He constantly claims that his favorite game is Secret of Mana, although he also claimed in a VLog that Final Fantasy X was at that time his favorite. On August 11, 2010, NintendoCapriSun started Final Fantasy X, his first Let's Play of a non-Nintendo console game since Let's Play Dungeons Of Daggorath in July 2008. He has since done multiple non-Nintendo Let's Plays, such as Shadow of the Colossus, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and Plants vs Zombies.
Timothy has diagnosed himself with Asperger Syndrome as noted from a comment reply by him on a Secret of Mana let's play video. He has also been smoke-free for ten Years. He stopped smoking on April 7, 2009 and has made a Vlog of him smoking his last cigarettes.
When Let's Playing a game, NintendoCapriSun shares many stories from his childhood and past events. He has shared stories about his jobs, friends, family, and hardships. One of these stories include the making of the well-known "Waterhands", a simple idea made by his sister and himself for the Tribeca Film Festival.
During July 2010, NintendoCapriSun, Chuggaconroy, and a few others' YouTube channels were suspended due to false DMCA claims made by another YouTube user. On the morning of August 3, 2010, NintendoCapriSun's account was restored. NintendoCapriSun has uploaded his videotaped reaction of first seeing his reopened channel to Blip.tv [video in question]
Other YouTube Channels
Timothy Bishop operates a few other YouTube channels in addition to NintendoCapriSun.
- JealousGuy - This channel predates NintendoCapriSun and was used primarily as a "vlogging" channel for Tim's various rants, experiments and LOST discussions. Tim stopped updating this channel as he was afraid another "strike" could lead to the suspension of his hit channel, NintendoCapriSun.
- BreakingNCS - Tim created this new vlogging channel on June 30, 2010 to start where JealousGuy left off. He frequently posts videos showing all mail and packages from fans he has received for the month. He also posts videos of his trips to various game conventions including PAX and MAG fest. Many other LPers are also shown in specific videos. He has also featured a multi-video special recapping his life: 40 Years in ??? Minutes.
- TheRunawayGuys - This channel is actually maintained by another popular LPer, Chuggaaconroy. It is a collaboration between him, ProtonJonSA and NintendoCapriSun. They also feature guests from time to time featuring fellow let's players like Josh Jepson, Lucahjin, and SuperJeenius. They all record in a single hotel room (and occasionally from each other's houses) with a projector and a voice recorder in the middle of the room.
- Tim has pages of him on the Chuggaaconroy wiki, Stephen Georg Wiki, PeanutButterGamer Wiki, PBG Hardcore Series Wiki, and the Youtube Wiki.
- Tim's current residence, Marion, Ohio, is also the home of Warren G. Harding, the 29th President of the United States, who's burial site is also located in Marion.